POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Attempt at "Photo-Realism" : Re: Attempt at "Photo-Realism" Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attempt at "Photo-Realism"
From: Ken
Date: 4 May 1999 21:20:40
Message: <372F8E4F.DAE4F1C8@pacbell.net>
GrimDude wrote:

>   Actually, the radio is on a tray behind the pilots seat (and armor). The
> antennae wire, on period aircraft, runs up the armor plate to a standoff,
> and then to a letoff wheel through the canopy. From there it proceeds to the
> fin. The vertical mast is actually another radio, intended to be a
> directional finder. Some radios, in different areas, used a radio of a
> different frequency, which required a longer wire. In that case it was
> sometimes run to a spring tensioner atop the d.f. mast. These days neither
> would be used, in favor of a short six inch aerial, usually beneath the
> fuselage.

The old xmtr/rcvrs they used needed that much wire and more if they wanted
any chance at all of picking up the signals at the low freq's they used.
Any idea what the actual length of the wire is from the set to end of wire ?

>   Thanks for the input! :)
>
> GrimDude
> vos### [at] arkansasnet

Before I forget - Nice bird. I'm impressed - but not so much I wouldn't prefer
a larger more detailed image to ponder over  >-8 }

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net